Sunday, November 17, 2013

April 18, 1249B.C.   A Hebrew woman in Canaan

It's been 51years since I last wrote and a lot has happened over time. Moses did lead us out of Egypt because god had commanded him to. We also needed to leave because of religious and economical problems occurring. While we were then traveling across the Sinai peninsula, Moses went off and climbed to the top of Mount Sinai to pray. When he came back he brought with him 2stone tablets on which Yahweh had written the Ten Commandments. These commandments then became the main part of our civil and religious laws. With these new laws in place we all believed that a new covenant had been formed. After that, we wandered around the Sinai Desert for 40years. Then when Moses died almost all of us returned to Canaan where the father of our people, Abraham, had lived. When we got there and had settled into this new way of life for most, we were then organized into 12tribes. Being in separate territories and being self-governing had led us into a new lifestyle that we like. Only once has god so far had to choose a judge and that was to just better unify the tribes, in case an emergency ever occurred and we would need one another. As I finish this up I realize that from all of these ups and downs my body has weakened. But at least I have lasted through major stories in our Hebrew past. I have survived through extreme conditions because our god has saved me for the story telling in my tribe. Now that all of my stories have been told, I don't fear of leaving this world. For I know it will soon be my time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment